Mirror, mirror on the wall, which one is the shiniest of you all? Do you find yourself asking these questions in hindsight? Well! Then it might be because the streaks or lint are distracting your mind during your morning routine.
While keeping it clean might seem like a daunting task, keeping your mirrors sparkling clean is worth all the compliments from your guests. If you are wondering where to begin from? Here are some easy mirror cleaning tips for creating an impressive shiny look every day!
Tips to Follow- Mirror Cleaning and Care
Well! Mirrors, particularly in your bathroom, accumulate various types of buildups, especially sticky ones. The vanity mirrors might collect emissions or the debris from your shower steam and water splashes when using products like hairspray, cologne, and others.
So, this is how you must start the cleaning process.
- You can use glass-walled shower dividers or choose to close the curtain to keep your water splashes away. This will help you to keep your windows dry.
- If you want to clean your mirrors using rubbing alcohol or any other product, make sure to spray the product onto the soft rag or towel and then wipe the area clean.
- Ensure your bathroom has a proper ventilation system to remove the hot/humid air from the room.
If you aren’t sure about the type of products, you can talk to an expert at a Custom Glass Glazing Company and ask for some recommendations.
But what about the mirrors in your living room?
Do they require similar care and cleaning practices? Well! Like the bathroom, it won’t have any condensation or moisture issues. However, if you keep on smoking in that area, it might damage the mirrors.
Experts suggest using doors to keep your room away from any high-humidity areas. And make sure to clean the mirrors often. That way, you can ensure that mirrors don’t take away the aesthetic appeal of your room. If you have any children or pets, avoid any high energy or contact activity near mirrors, or the risk of breakage will increase.
Wait! There’s more!
What about the mirrors in your kitchen?
Understandably, not everyone prefers to keep custom mirrors in their kitchen. But some might get creative and opt for a mirrored backsplash or any other mirrored decorative artifacts.
In that case, you must avoid any accumulation of moisture. Try to keep the sink sprayer away from your mirrored surfaces. And try avoiding any ammonia-based cleaning products. Don’t even try to use scrubs for your mirrors. As mentioned before, only use soft cloths, rags, or towels to wipe your mirrors.
Now that you know what you must be aware of, the next step is to make the cleaning solution and understand the correct method to do things right.
Here’s what you need to do!
Gather all the materials required to get started. For example, you’ll need vinegar solution, spray bottle, clean rag/ old towel, and microfiber cloth. Once you have these, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Put the vinegar solution in the spray bottle.
- Remove the items nearby where you placed your mirror.
- Lay the towel underneath your mirror. Doing so will help you protect your bottom frame from the cleaning material. Make sure you avoid the cleaning solution getting in between your frame and the mirror. Otherwise, it will damage it.
- Now spray the solution on the rag. Remember to make it damp, not thoroughly soak it. Gently wipe the surface from the top and work your way down.
- Now dry the mirror using the microfiber cloth. It will polish the surface and make it sparkling clean.
Following this method will allow you to avoid any stained or streaky lines present on your custom mirrors.
Everyone loves to have an attractive home, loved by everyone. And clearly, custom mirrors are a great addition to your abode. And if you strategically place them around your home, you can further improve the appearance of your home.
However, if you don’t keep your mirrors sparkling clean, they won’t turn out to be an investment. Instead, they will always feel like a never-ending cleaning chore. It’s because a dirty and stained mirror would make everything look even messier. So, please make the necessary arrangements and take appropriate precautions to extend their life.
That way, every time someone sees them, they will say “wow.” Won’t you like that? Undoubtedly, you will. Use the tips mentioned above and transform the overall aesthetic of your house.
So, are you ready to transform the look of your home?