Owning a home is one of the most rewarding feelings, and maintaining it is a big responsibility. Just like our body needs regular health checkups, home maintenance is also important to upkeep it. The exterior, interior, and garden of your house need regular cleaning to function smoothly. The prerequisite checkups of your house can prevent potential breakdowns and costly repairings later.
Home maintenance isn’t a one-time task. From cleaning your windows to replacing the ventilation system, the list keeps growing. But it doesn’t mean that you keep examining every corner of your house daily. Even spending your time occasionally to tackle some of the important tasks can keep your house in prime condition.
Here’s the list of seasonal maintenance checklists for your house. Following seasonal improvement can make it easier for you to keep the house in an excellent state.
So, let’s begin!!
Winter’s upkeep list
Winters can be brutal on your house. The cold breeze and chilling temperatures can cause roof damage. But don’t worry. Follow the below checklist and safeguard your house from the consequences of falling temperatures.
- Obviously, winter chills won’t let you turn on the AC. So, ensure that you’re covering the air-conditioning unit from the start of the season.
- There are chances of basement leaks due to snow melting. Make sure you investigate the area regularly. Or take the help of professionals to seal the potential leakage areas.
- Chill breeze and cold storms can harm the roof and gutter system of your home. Make sure you are inspecting it regularly. Otherwise, it can cause mold and moisture in the house.
- Bathroom exhaust and refrigerator are of no use in this cold season. Make sure you vacuum them from starting. Also, don’t forget to empty and clean them before leaving.
Fall’s upkeep list
Fall is the perfect season to clean up your house. The moderate weather allows us to investigate the problems quickly. After heavy winters, you can examine both the interior and exterior of your place. So, here is the falls upkeep list—
- As when spring begins, it’s time to say goodbye to your fireplace. Make sure you’re cleaning it’s mantel and flues before wrapping it up.
- Remove leaves, debris, and tree branches from the gutter and downspouts of your home. Understandably, cleaning the gutter and downspout isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. So, you can take the help of professionals to get them inspected. But make sure you’re hiring the professionals of “the best gutter cleaning company” to ensure the safety of your house. Their expertise can clean the overall gutter system efficiently.
- You must have used the carpets and drapings in the winter season. Now it’s time to clean them up.
Summer’s upkeep list
Finally, the sun is out, and the warm season is here to brighten your days, as this season doesn’t bring many seasonal problems. So, house maintenance is the last thing you need to worry about in this season. So, look out of this quick upkeep list—
- Clean your refrigerator, AC, and ventilation system.
- Consider deep cleaning of the kitchen and exhaust fan filter. You can take the help of professionals to deep clean your house.
- As evening weather will allow you, prune trees and shrubs and spruce up your garden.
Actually, home maintenance isn’t an uphill task. We just neglect all the regular maintenance activities till they all start piling up, thereby damaging the house. But keeping track of all the house parts simultaneously can reduce the burden of massive cleaning and repair later.
So, we will suggest you keep examining your home after every three months. So, you can spot the damaging elements on time and repair them before they cause any costly damage.