Can you make your old furniture elegant and modern without spending much money? Most people think it impossible as renovation always means big expenses. Nevertheless, even if you are on a tight budget, there are a few useful ways to cool down your interior without any extra effort.
Bringing old furniture back to life is one of the most widespread trends today. Wise consumption, things, remodeling and updating promote the development of human imagination and lead to exquisite interior ideas.
Are you ready to freshen up your furniture?
How Can I Make My Furniture Look More Modern?
The purchase of high-priced furniture is always a stress for a budget. Nonetheless, by decorating the dated items by yourself, you can obtain a unique and modern living environment.
There is a variety of ways to renovate your furniture:
- Refresh using scrapbooking, washi tape or hand-crafted décor.
8 Ways to Update Your Furniture and Make It More Functional
- Table makeover. How about making a standing desk at home? To do a DIY L-shaped desk, you will need to purchase a reliable table top and find two metal leg frames. Buying a table top in Canada is not a problem. There are many sizes and materials for all tastes in the marketplace.
- Leather clock hanger. It is one of the best solutions to turn a vintage clock into a design decor for your interior. All you have to do is stick a thin leather belt of bright color and hang it on the wall.
- Fake marble coffee table. To make your coffee table look more expensive, you will need to apply a marble contact paper on it.
- Ombre a dated piece of furniture. If the paint on a chest of drawers or wardrobe has started to go out, it’s high time you tried something new. Apply some dark wax on the two-thirds of the surface. After it gets completely dry, you should apply white chalk paint to the bottom area.
- Garden furniture. Vintage kitchen chairs may become the perfect solution for your garden. Apply exterior paint reminding of wood on them. Wait until dry. Adorn them with several hand-crafted cushions.
- Retro pet palace. Do you have an old-fashioned television set that no longer works, but keeps some of your best memories? How about making this into a home for your pet. Remove the electrics and cover it with wallpapers inside. After that, put a soft pillow there.
- Shabby chic table. An old dusty case can be turned into the perfect desk and storage for your favorite books. All you need to do is strengthen the inner side with a leaf of MDF and attach the legs.
- Transform a crib into a desk for creativity. Remove one of the sides. Fill in with paper, paints, pencils, etc.
As you can see, furniture transformation can not only be useful, it can also be exciting. Work on your imagination, impressing your friends with new interiors.
Author Bio: Hayley Mann is a technology enthusiast specializing in automation methods of ergonomics devices. Her engineering background helps her to create interesting articles on technical topics, making them understandable for all readers.